Special track: *IASFR: Intelligent Autonomous Systems for the Future of Retail*
ICAS 2018, 20--24 May, 2018 - Nice, France Fourteenth International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems
[Apologies for any cross-posting]
The Fourteenth International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems ICAS 2018, will take place next May in Nice, France and will include several special sessions, namely one on "Intelligent Autonomous Systems for the Future of Retail".
The retail industry is experiencing what might be called a digital revolution, in which intelligent autonomous systems are reshaping traditional retail practices. Ubiquitous devices, either built as robots or, widely put, intelligent systems, are helping retailers realize the digitization potential of Internet of Things, by reducing labor costs, improving efficiency or delivering the most diverse customer experiences. As these systems become more autonomous, capable and cost effective, we are increasingly seeing them having a significant impact on almost every aspect of the retail chain, from internal operations to customer-facing service. Whether it is automating processes, improving shelf conditions and inventory accuracy, helping customers find what they are looking for or simply providing a fun experience, intelligent systems are on the rise and are playing an important role in current retail.
Prospective authors are invited to submit original papers on topics including, but not limited to: - Warehouses and Distribution Centers - Store Surveillance - Customer Service - Smart Advertising - Customer Experience Enhancement
- Inform the Chairs: As soon as you decided to contribute - Submission: February 7, 2018 - Notification: March 7, 2018 - Registration: March 21, 2018 - Camera ready: April 2, 2018 Note: These deadlines are somewhat flexible, providing arrangements are made ahead of time with the chair.
- Regular papers [in the proceedings, digital library] - Short papers (work in progress) [in the proceedings, digital library] - Posters: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library] - Posters: slide only [slide-deck posted on www.iaria.org] - Presentations: slide only [slide-deck posted on www.iaria.org] - Demos: two pages [posted on www.iaria.org]
- Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals: http://www.iariajournals.org - Print proceedings will be available via Curran Associates, Inc.: http://www.proceedings.com/9769.html - Articles will be archived in the free access ThinkMind Digital Library: http://www.thinkmind.org
- https://www.iariasubmit.org/conferences/submit/newcontributi on.php?event=ICAS+2018+Special - Please select Track Preference as IASFR
- Each accepted paper needs at least one full registration, before the camera-ready manuscript can be included in the proceedings. - Registration fees are available at http://www.iaria.org/registration.html
- Alina Trifan, email@example.com - Antonio José Ribeiro Neves, firstname.lastname@example.org - SIGNAL logistics, email@example.com
Best regards, Alina Trifan Antonio Neves