Special track: *BLECV: Body Language Estimation through Computer Vision*
SIGNAL 2018, 20--24 May, 2018 - Nice, France Third International Conference on Advances in Signal, Image and Video Processing
[Apologies for any cross-posting]
The Third International Conference on Advances in Signal, Image and Video Processing , SIGNAL 2018, will take place next May in Nice, France and will include several special sessions, namely one on "Body Language Estimation through Computer Vision".
As humans, we can often understand a lot about a person by just looking at him/her. Their facial expression, posture, eye focus and gestures can say a lot without any words being employed. In the recent years lots of effort is being conducted towards implementing this capability through machine vision. The problem that computer vision for body language is trying to tackle is a very complex one, but progress is being made. We aim at empowering machines with this “sense” of understanding the mood, intention and eventually future actions of a person through visual cues. This capability could ease human-machine interactions and pave the way for more interactive virtual reality or intuitive user interfaces, as well as human robot interaction, among others.
For this special track, we expect contributions on Computer Vision approaches for the following related topics, but not limited to: - Pose Estimation - Emotion Detection - Face Recognition and Tracking - Human Robot Interaction - Virtual and Augmented Reality Based on Body Detection
- Inform the Chairs: As soon as you decided to contribute - Submission: February 7, 2018 - Notification: March 7, 2018 - Registration: March 21, 2018 - Camera ready: April 2, 2018 Note: These deadlines are somewhat flexible, providing arrangements are made ahead of time with the chair.
- Regular papers [in the proceedings, digital library] - Short papers (work in progress) [in the proceedings, digital library] - Posters: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library] - Posters: slide only [slide-deck posted on www.iaria.org] - Presentations: slide only [slide-deck posted on www.iaria.org] - Demos: two pages [posted on www.iaria.org]
- See: http://www.iaria.org/format.html - Before submission, please check and comply with the editorial rules: http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html
- Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals: http://www.iariajournals.org - Print proceedings will be available via Curran Associates, Inc.: http://www.proceedings.com/9769.html - Articles will be archived in the free access ThinkMind Digital Library: http://www.thinkmind.org
- https://www.iariasubmit.org/conferences/submit/newcontribu tion.php?event=SIGNAL+2018+Special - Please select Track Preference as BLECV
- Each accepted paper needs at least one full registration, before the camera-ready manuscript can be included in the proceedings. - Registration fees are available at http://www.iaria.org/registration.html
- Antonio José Ribeiro Neves, firstname.lastname@example.org - Alina Trifan, email@example.com - SIGNAL logistics, firstname.lastname@example.org
Best regards, Antonio Neves Alina Trifan