The German Rescue Robotics Center (DRZ) invites applications for several positions as robotics researchers, developers and operators for mobile robotics.
Join us if you
* Want to help bringing innovative technology to real world application in disaster response * Are interested to work closely with first responders as end users and develop systems that address their needs in real scenarios * Are ready for responsible ownership and reliable teamwork
What you will do
* Develop, test, benchmark and apply technologies to bring rescue robots from research to deployments in actual disaster sites * Develop and maintain the DRZ's physical and simulated rescue robots, integrate and evaluate new capabilities and interfaces * Closely cooperate with our network of partners from leading academia, industry and rescue organizations, especially in cooperative R&D projects * Analyze the requirements of first responders and consider them in the development * Operate our rescue robots to support first responders in real world missions as member of our Robotics Task Force * Support the development and implementation of new training concepts * Contribute your creativity and ideas to improve current implemented solutions and to conceive and provide new solutions
What you need to bring to the table:
* Master's degree in computer science, autonomous systems and robotics, computer or software engineering or related field, robot engineering required * Very good programming skills and experience with Linux, ROS, C++ and Python, version control (Git for example) and with the development of extensive program packages * Expertise in methods, algorithms and technologies for mobile robots with autonomous capabilities * Demonstrated experience in handling and developing real mobile robotic systems (on ground, in air or in water) * Ability to work independently as well as in a team * Delivering quality and attention to details * Resilience, flexibility and a quick grasp * Very good problem-solving skills * Mature English language skills and basic German language skills or willingness to acquire them * Meeting requirements for a working permit in Germany
What would be great, if you bring it to the table as well:
* Above average knowledge and skills in mobile robotics in outdoor environments and related autonomous skills and software * Experience with the development and maintenance of complex heterogeneous software and hardware systems * Experience with continuous testing and agile methodology * Experience as a first responder in voluntary or professional work (e.g. as member of a fire department or technical aid organization) and knowledge of processes and framework conditions of first responders in civil security
What we bring to the table
* A dynamic, cordial and growing team that works every day towards the goal of making the work of the fire brigade, rescue service, and co. safer and more efficient with the help of innovative robotics technologies * An opportunity to contribute to shape the development of a an innovative, non-profit, meaningful organization, committed to "AI for Good" * An employment contract based on public service salary structure (TVÖD-L E13) with performance bonuses. Initially limited as a multi-year project position, but intended to be converted to a permanent position if funding is secured * Family-friendly working hours through flextime and remote working options.
The German Rescue Robotics Center DRZ is the national competence center for rescue robotics based in Dortmund. It was founded in 2018 as a non-profit organization. We bundle leading competencies in a strong network and break new ground to protect and save lives and infrastructure. Together with research organizations, companies and first responders, we create, accelerate and transfer innovative robotics solutions to make a huge difference in practical, future-oriented solutions. For more information please visit https://rescuerobotics.eu .
How to apply
Please send your CV, recent certificates, cover letter, references and further relevant documents (like letters of recommendation, certificates of employment, etc.) by email to Robert Grafe, DRZ Managing Director, email@example.com
Links: ------  https://rescuerobotics.eu