[robocup-athome] Call for Proposals: RoboCup at Home Domestic Standard Platform User Teams
komei.sugiura at nict.go.jp
Fri Jul 21 07:49:20 UTC 2017
The RoboCup at Home league aims to develop service and assistive robot
technology with high relevance for future personal domestic applications
[ http://www.robocupathome.org/ ]. RoboCup at Home Domestic Standard
Platform League (RoboCup at Home DSPL) is part of RoboCup at Home, and is a
competition of standard platform robots.
To participate in RoboCup at Home DSPL, you are required to have the
standard platform, Toyota Human Support Robot (HSR). We invite teams of
highly motivated researchers/engineers/students who will participate in
RoboCup 2018 Montreal, to apply for the HSR robot.
If you are interested, please consider to visit the RoboCup 2017 Nagoya
or check free live video streams of RoboCup at Home DSPL at the following URL.
## 0. Conditions: HSR
Up to 12 user teams will be selected. The HSR will be leased as a part
of Joint Research. The Joint Researcher may need to bear annual cost
sharing with amount of 1.2 million Japanese Yen approximately. Depending
on the option of contract, annual cost may not be charged for one year.
If the user team participates in RoboCup 2018 and meets certain
conditions, the same option may be applied for another year. For
detailed conditions, visit [
## 1. How to obtain a Standard Platform
## 1.1 Proposal submission
Proposals should be sent to the Selection Committee as follows. The
Proposals are evaluated through peer-review process.
To: spl-sc at robocupathome.org
Subject: [@Home-DSPL] (YourTeamName)
Body: (Please fill in the following basic information)
1. Team Name:
4. Team Leader Name:
5. Contact information (E-mail):
6. Link to a team web site:
7. Proposal as an attachment file
### 1.2 Additional notes on Proposals
* The Proposal must be submitted in a pdf format
* The size of the Proposal is limited to _6MB_
* A team can apply for only one platform. If identical Proposals are
submitted to apply for both platforms, they are automatically rejected.
## 2. Deadline for Proposal submissions
Sep. 30, 2017 23:59 PST
## 3. Instructions for the Website
The information to be placed on the website should include the following:
* Team members
* Description of the approaches and information on scientific achievements
* Relevant publications (last 5 years, preferably with links for download)
* Relevant photos/videos that show the skills of the team
* Link to repositories with software for the community (optional)
* Previous participation in RoboCup (optional)
## 4. Instructions for the Proposal
The Proposal must be based on the official league Team Description Paper
(TDP) template. It should be in a pdf format and must contain the
* Description of the approach planned to be implemented on the robot
* List of externally available components that are planned to be
- Open source software, web services, etc.
* Innovative technology and scientific contribution
* Focus of research/research interests
* Re-usability of the system for other research groups
* Applicability of the approach in the real world
The Proposal should go into detail about the technical and scientific
approach, but the website should be designed for a broader audience.
The length of the Proposal is limited to 6 pages. Please use the same
Springer LNAI format used in the RoboCup Symposium submissions. No
change in margins, paragraphs and font size are allowed.
You may download the template from
## 5. Evaluation criteria
The Proposals will be judged by the following criteria:
- Clarity, scientific contributions, re-usability by the league,
applicability in real world
- Multimedia, publications from past 5 years, downloadable content,
open-source software and other contributions
* Relevant scientific publications
* Open-source software
## 6. Contact
Please send any questions to: spl-sc at robocupathome.org
## 7. Important notes
* The suppliers are not allowed to sell, export, lease and/or ship their
products to natural or legal persons and to entities and countries which
are subject to international sanctions or prohibitions. Since Selection
Committee cannot answer this issue, please ask the supplier directly.
- The contact email address about Toyota HSR:
xr-hsr-info at mail.toyota.co.jp
* Being selected as a user team does not mean that the team is qualified
to participate in RoboCup 2018 Montreal. Team qualification will be
separately conducted in February 2018.
* After selected as a Standard Platform user team, the team has to make
an agreement with the supplier in compliance with the supplier's
Komei Sugiura, Luca Iocchi, Caleb Rascon, Kai Chen, Sven Wachsmuth
RoboCup at Home Standard Platform League Selection Committee.
More information about the robocup-athome